July course in Pau
Pau campus: map
From 3rd to 28th July 2017
Timetable to be confirmed
TUITION FEES: 800 €
French language and culture classes
60 hours: 3 hours each morning from Monday to Friday – 9:30am – 12:30pm.
Student will be divided into groups, which are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
- A1 – Breakthrough/Beginner level Students will learn about the language and how to communicate in everyday situations.
- A2 – Way stage or elementary level Reinforcement and practise of everyday French, spoken and written.
- B1 – Threshold or intermediate level Continuation of language learning through an intensive study of French culture and society.
- B2 – Advanced or independent level For students who display a certain level of proficiency in their use of French. At this level students will review and expand upon current knowledge, while learning new aspects to ensure a degree of fluency in written and oral communication.
- C1 – Mastery level (for autonomous users) For students with a very advanced level of French, in-depth study of grammatical concepts, working towards understanding different registers through the study of authentic oral and written documents, and improvement of written expression. Exploration of the links between language, culture and civilisation.
Elective afternoon classes
One elective class can be chosen from the following (take note of the minimum required level).
Options for levels Beginners, A1 and A2:
- Learn French through sport: 2 x 2 hour sessions per week
- Learn French through games: 2 X 2 hour sessions per week
Options for levels B and C:
- Theatre classes: 2 x 2.5 hour sessions per week
- French music from the 20th and 21st centuries: 2 x 2 hour sessions per week
- French language classes aimed at preparing students for study at a French university: 2 x 2 hour sessions per week
NOTE: places are limited per option. Compulsory attendance in the course for every student who joins it.
- Computer lab with free internet access
Free cultural activities (registration on place)
- Visit to the Castle
- Visit of the city of Pau
- Treasure hunt in the city
- Local gastronomy
- Clubs and associations around Pau offer various sporting activities: rafting, canoe/kayak, pelote basque (a tradition basque sport), hiking in the mountains, golf, etc.
More information available upon arrival
- Full day hiking in the mountains (Saturdays) More information available upon arrival
- Open-air cinema
- Free concerts
- Le Tour de France in Pau: 12th and 13th July
ACCOMMODATION (Payment on arrival)
- On-campus accommodation Single room, around 260€
Payment upon arrival in cash or by bankcard to CLOUS (Student Services)
- In a host family Private bedroom with breakfast: around 260€
For on-campus accommodation, shared kitchens are available on each floor.
There is also the possibility to dine:
- On campus at the university cafeteria, La Vague (around 3€ per meal)
- Close to the campus (supermarket, fast food, takeaway, etc.)
Enrolment not later than 30th June 2017 by one of the following to means:
- Download and print the form below. Send the completed form the IEFE with the appropriate cheque.
- Write to or telephone the secretary of the IEFE, who will send you an enrolment form.
Telephone IEFE: 33 (0)5 59 40 73 85
Cancellation before the start date of the course will incur a 150€ administration fee.
The balance is due on the first day of the course. The full price will be forfeited if the student fails to notify the IEFE of non-attendance prior to this date.
Health insurance is mandatory.
Students must have proof of valid insurance in order to take part in any excursions.