Who are we?
A service within the Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) offering language classes to an average of 500 students each year. Students can enrol for between 3 and 9 months. We offer shorter, intensive language courses as well as long term and in-depth language programmes to accompany students throughout their studies at UPPA. The I.E.F.E provides a multicultural environment for the study of French language, with students coming from a wide variety of nationalities.
The I.E.F.E. is a recognised University Institute (soon to be awarded the French as a Foreign Language Quality certification by the French government), situated within a pleasant campus in the small, yet lively city of Pau.
Why choose us?
- More than 40 years experience in offering French language and civilisation courses within the University.
- Students can take advantage of the University’s services: libraries, the possibility of attending classes within other faculties as an unregistered student (auditor), sporting activities, Cultural Centre, Medical Centre, etc.
- A personalised induction to French student life.
- The course content is designed specifically for international students and is based on the most up-to-date methods.
- The University is equipped with new technologies: language laboratories, multimedia room, TV and video facilities, video projectors, additional online activities and resources, etc.